Congratulations on your admission to Duke and your selection for Duke Bound! We look forward to hosting you on campus this spring.
Please follow these four steps to receive your travel allowance. If you are unable to attend, please select the ‘Unable to Attend’ link below so that we may offer the travel allowance to another admitted student. Please note that you must register for both Blue Devil Days and Duke Bound to receive a travel allowance!
1. Register for Duke Bound by selecting the link below that corresponds to the Blue Devil Days you plan to attend. (Registration will open after admissions decisions are released.) If you are unable to attend, please select ‘Unable to Attend’ so that we may offer the travel allowance to another admitted student. The Duke Bound offer is limited to a small group of students that have applied for, and are receiving, a significant amount of need-based financial aid. When registering for Duke Bound, you must use the email address you used in your college application. Once you register for Duke Bound, you will receive a confirmation email from our office with additional information.
2. Register for a Blue Devil Days event at admissions.duke.edu/bluedevildays. Blue Devil Days will be held April 19-20 and April 22-23.
3. In order to process reimbursements, Duke University requires that the student and accompanying adult provide their social security numbers. We ask you to provide this information to Alecia Mahato at (919) 684-0153. Please provide this information directly via phone. Please do not leave your social security number on voicemail but do leave the best time and number at which to reach you.
4. Make your travel arrangements. Students requesting overnight housing with a current student should follow the instructions provided in the Blue Devil Days brochure. The accompanying adult will need to make his/her own lodging arrangements.
5. Pick up your check. When you arrive on campus, bring a photo ID (one for each individual receiving a reimbursement) to the Blue Devil Days registration. Indicate you are part of the Duke Bound program, and you will be directed to Alecia Mahato, who will give you your travel allowance.